Forums » Ask a doctor for free health information

Help! Am I pregnant??!

• 3 posts
    October 30, 2014 4:36:15 PM PDT
    I started this months pack on the 19th, and have missed my pills a whole bunch, miss 2 and take 1 and then miss 1. I missed 2 in a row twice already. Me and my boyfriend are sexually active and have unprotected sex. I've been feeling not normal recently and I know it's too soon to take a pregnancy test. And I also just started sporting a little this morning?

I just want to know if there's a possibility these are pregnancy symptoms and I could be pregnant before the test says positive?

I've been peeing a whole lot more, having sore breasts, some cramping and lower back pains, and tired a lot.
    • 1957 posts
    October 30, 2014 6:01:36 PM PDT

Greetings B,

Thank you for the question.

http://drsocial.org/forums/topic/900/help-am-i-pregnant

Legal disclaimer:  we do not have a doctor-patient relationship and we cannot give specific instructions of care to you, but we can give you our best effort to find high-quality information that you can consider. If we are wrong, or you don't like what we say, feel free to leave a message and let us know how we can improve the quality of the service. In addition, we encourage other people in the community to contribute their knowledge to the questions that are asked. 

For example, if you have a rare disease, and had a rare surgery, please simply state "back surgery," and if needed we can explore that further.  If your neighbor or best friend reads this, will be they be able to identify you based on the information given? If yes, please remove the information or change it slightly. 

BAD example:  I live in Boston, Dr. Patel at MGH hospital diagnosed me with a schwannoma tumor last month, then I traveled to Tokyo and taught english for a year.  

Acceptable example: I live in the United States, I had a tumor & surgery, then I traveled abroad for work.

----------

1. You can take a pregnancy test. Whether it is too soon, I cannot presently say becuase I do not when when you were expecting your period. 

1. On what day did you expect menses to occur? 

2.  What about the period before that (when did the first day of menses occur).

3. Have you had spotting before?

4. How much blood loss have you had?

5. Some women are pregnant with a negative pregnancy test.

6. Once of the first things that is recommended in the workup of a pre-menopausal, post-menarchal female with genital bleeding is a pregnancy test. 

7. Are you having abdominal pain? 

8. Have you considered plan B? 

9. Have you considered using condoms also? 

10. What is your temperature?

11. Have you had any other abnormal vaginal discharge, burning or itching of the genitals? 

12. Have you had-felt feverish, chills, night sweats, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, change in your skin, hair or nails?

13. What medical conditions do you have?

14. What is your age, please add or substract 1-3 years for privacy.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.

This post was edited by DrSocial Admin at May 17, 2015 6:04:32 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    October 30, 2014 6:54:14 PM PDT
    I'm due for my period on the 12th of nov. my last period was on the 15th of oct. I've never really had sporting before and I've been on the pill for about 5 years now. I started this morning so it's only been when I wipe. I'm having slight cramping in the abdomen but nothing serious, and my temp last I checked yesterday was 98.
    • 3 posts
    October 30, 2014 6:54:28 PM PDT
    Sorry and I'm 21!
    • 1957 posts
    October 30, 2014 7:16:48 PM PDT

Greetings B, 

1. The pain in your back could be concerning for a kidney infection. If you tap on your back does it hurt (see video). If you jump up and down on one foot are you in pain? which side of your back is the pain at? On both sides or only on one side? 

2. The spotting could be from using the hormonal contraception intermittently, it could also be from an infection. 

3. I think you will likely want to see a doctor and be evaluated. They will likely do a pregnancy test and a urine analysis which will check for infection, and glucose, and others. 

4. Please consider the video below to see if you have any of the symptoms/signs of kidney infection; and/or urinary tract infection. 

Please consider keeping me updated.

Kind regards.

Reference: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0515/p2073.html

This post was edited by DrSocial Admin at May 17, 2015 6:05:16 AM PDT
    • 445 posts
    May 17, 2015 6:06:00 AM PDT

Dear reader,

if you are looking for any information related to pregnancy you may want to read the following forum posts:

Dropping during pregnancy

4 pregnancy questions

OB/Gyn question

Plan B contraception pill

Pregnancy concern

Pregnancy IBS and PTSD

Painful sex after pregnancy

Pregnancy

You may also consider rating your doctor and help future patients. Sign up your free account on DrSocial and write a review on your doctor.

If you are looking for a doctor in your area, check out our selection of great doctor reviews