Forums » Ask a doctor for free health information

Legal Disclaimer & Questions Please See To Obtain Reply Soon

• 1957 posts
    October 22, 2014 12:37:32 PM PDT

COPY & Reply to BELOW For sooner reply.

Legal Disclaimer:  we do not have a doctor-patient relationship, and we cannot give specific instructions of care to you, but we can give you our best effort to find high-quality information that you can consider. If we are wrong, or you don't like what we say, feel free to leave a message and let us know how we can improve the quality of the service. Also, we encourage other people in the community to contribute their knowledge to the questions that are asked. 

Please take steps to protect your privacy as this is a public healthcare forum.

Use general descriptions instead of specific times and places. For example, if you have a rare disease and had a rare surgery, please simply state "back surgery," and if needed we can explore that further.  If your neighbor or best friend reads this, will be they be able to identify you based on the information given? If yes, please remove the information or change it slightly. 

BAD example:  I live in Boston, Dr. Patel at MGH hospital diagnosed me with a schwannoma tumor last month, and then I traveled to Tokyo and taught English for a year.  

Acceptable example: I live in the United States, I had a tumor & surgery, and then I traveled abroad for work.

====================

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

1. What is your question or story, What would you like a doctor to address?

2. Age & gender, Please add or substract (1-3years if adult for privacy)?

3. When did problem start?

4. Have you had this before? 

5. Is it getting better or worse? 

6. Body Mass Index? http://bit.ly/CDCbmi

8. Heart Rate? 

9. Temperature? 

10. Medical conditions including pregnancies both past & present?

11. Medications & supplements?

12. Surgeries?  

POST HERE: 

http://drsocial.org/forums/2781/ask-a-doctor-for-free-health-inf/topic-create

Legal Disclaimer:  we do not have a doctor-patient relationship, and we cannot give specific instructions of care to you, but we can give you our best effort to find high-quality information that you can consider. If we are wrong, or you don't like what we say, feel free to leave a message and let us know how we can improve the quality of the service. Also, we encourage other people in the community to contribute their knowledge to the questions that are asked. For example, if you have a rare disease and had a rare surgery, please simply state "back surgery," and if needed we can explore that further.  If your neighbor or best friend reads this, will be they be able to identify you based on the information given? If yes, please remove the information or change it slightly. BAD example:  I live in Boston, Dr. Patel at MGH hospital diagnosed me with a schwannoma tumor last month, and then I traveled to Tokyo and taught English for a year.  Acceptable example: I live in the United States, I had a tumor & surgery, and then I traveled abroad for work.

This post was edited by Brett Snodgrass at December 21, 2016 10:46:40 AM PST
    • 1957 posts
    October 22, 2014 12:48:52 PM PDT

Greetings User, 

If you have pain, please copy the following questions to your post which can be created here. 

Pain Questions:
    1. Location of pain, (can you point a finger to it, or is it larger)?
    2. Intensity, (How intense is the pain on a scale of zero-to-10 (0 is no pain, 10 is the worst pain)? 
    3. Quality, (sharp or dull)?
    4. Onset, (when did you first have the pain)?
    5. Duration, (How long do painful episodes last)?
    6. Radiation, (does the pain spread anywhere)?
    7. Associated, (What else has been associated with the pain; is there anything that started when the pain started)?
    8. Alleviating factors, (What has made the pain better)?
    9. Aggravating factors. (What has made it worse)
    10. How much pain are you in after treatment with your current medication(s) if any?
    11. How much pain are you in without treatment?
    12. How has the pain affected your quality of life (if chronic pain)?

13. If you have abdominal pain, please specify where the abdominal pain is. 
    RUQ = right upper quadrant
    LUQ = left upper quadrant
    RLQ = right lower quadrant
    LLQ = left lower quadrant. 
    Abdominal Quadrants:  

This post was edited by Brett Snodgrass at October 22, 2014 1:01:56 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    October 23, 2014 11:18:30 AM PDT

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

1. What is your question(s)? I am experienceing more frequent periods 19 to 21 days apart

2. Age & gender, Please add or substract (1-3years if adult for privacy)? 41/Female

3. When did problem start? Amonth ago

4. Have you had this before? No

5. Is it getting better or worse? Worse

6. Body Mass Index? http://bit.ly/CDCbmi

8. Heart Rate? 97

9. Temperature? 98.9

10. Medical conditions, both past & present? Treatment for Bipolar disoprder/Asthma

11. Medications & supplements? Cymbalta 60mg 1x day

12. Surgeries? Kindey Stone Removal

• 1957 posts
    October 23, 2014 1:10:22 PM PDT

Greetings S, 

Thank you for the question

Legal disclaimer:  we do not have a doctor-patient relationship and we cannot give specific instructions of care to you, but we can give you our best effort to find high-quality information that you can consider. If we are wrong, or you don't like what we say, feel free to leave a message and let us know how we can improve the quality of the service. In addition, we encourage other people in the community to contribute their knowledge to the questions that are asked. 

For example, if you have a rare disease, and had a rare surgery, please simply state "back surgery," and if needed we can explore that further.  If your neighbor or best friend reads this, will be they be able to identify you based on the information given? If yes, please remove the information or change it slightly. 

BAD example:  I live in Boston, Dr. Patel at MGH hospital diagnosed me with a schwannoma tumor last month, then I traveled to Tokyo and taught english for a year.  

Acceptable example: I live in the United States, I had a tumor & surgery, then I traveled abroad for work.

------------------------------------

Thank you for answering the above questions. I do not presently fully understand what you have experienced, please consider the following questions. 

1.. When did you start your menstrual period?

2. How long did it last?

3. How frequently (how many hours) do you have to change your pad/tampon on peak flow days?

3. How many pads/tampons do you use over a single menstrual period?

4. Do you have to change the pad/tampon at night?

5. How large are any clots that are passed?

6. Have you ever been diagnosed with anemia?

7.  When did your menstrual period start the time before that?

8. How long did it last, 

9. Was it unusally heavy, light, other?

10. Are you bleeding right now?

11. When did it start?

12. How frequently are you changing you pad/tampon now? 

13. Do you have any children? 

14. Why do you think that you are not pregnant?

15. Are you in pain?

16. Do you have abnormal vaginal discharge?

17. When was your last pap smear? 

18. HOw much doyou smoke/ drink/ recreational drugs in a week?

19. Fever or chills nausea vomiting diarrhea consipation, skin changes, loss of energy

I look forward to hearing form you.

Kind regards,

-BrettMD

• 1957 posts
    October 23, 2014 1:11:03 PM PDT

Also, 

20. When did you have the kidney stone removed? 

21. Do you know what type of stone it was, or why you developed the kidney stone?

• 1957 posts
    October 23, 2014 1:11:03 PM PDT

Also, 

20. When did you have the kidney stone removed? 

21. Do you know what type of stone it was, or why you developed the kidney stone?

• 1957 posts
    August 16, 2015 12:44:32 PM PDT
    Brett Snodgrass said:

COPY & Reply to BELOW For sooner reply.

====================

Legal disclaimer:  we do not have a doctor-patient relationship and we cannot give specific instructions of care to you, but we can give you our best effort to find high-quality information that you can consider. If we are wrong, or you don't like what we say, feel free to leave a message and let us know how we can improve the quality of the service. In addition, we encourage other people in the community to contribute their knowledge to the questions that are asked. 

For example, if you have a rare disease, and had a rare surgery, please simply state "back surgery," and if needed we can explore that further.  If your neighbor or best friend reads this, will be they be able to identify you based on the information given? If yes, please remove the information or change it slightly. 

BAD example:  I live in Boston, Dr. Patel at MGH hospital diagnosed me with a schwannoma tumor last month, then I traveled to Tokyo and taught english for a year.  

Acceptable example: I live in the United States, I had a tumor & surgery, then I traveled abroad for work.

------------------------------------

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

1. What is your question or story, What would you like a doctor to address?

2. Age & gender, Please add or substract (1-3years if adult for privacy)?

3. When did problem start?

4. Have you had this before? 

5. Is it getting better or worse? 

6. Body Mass Index? http://bit.ly/CDCbmi

8. Heart Rate? 

9. Temperature? 

10. Medical conditions including pregnancies both past & present?

11. Medications & supplements?

12. Surgeries?  

POST HERE: 

• 1957 posts
    September 20, 2015 10:37:12 AM PDT

Healthcare goals

This post was edited by Brett Snodgrass at November 19, 2015 2:27:38 PM PST
    • 1957 posts
    March 24, 2016 8:42:29 PM PDT
    Please copy/paste the above disclaimer to your question to enable a more timely reply. Thank you kindly.
    • 1957 posts
    October 27, 2016 11:12:49 AM PDT

Please copy the above for a more timely reply.

Thanking you,

-BrettMD