Forums » Healthcare Apps

GOLD COPD Strategy = an app for healthcare providers

• 1957 posts
    February 5, 2014 1:00:57 PM PST

For those interested in this app, please check our video review that shows you how the app works and how to use it. Enjoy!

(1) App = https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gold-copd-strategy/id576193649?mt=8

(2) cost = $5.99
    In partnership with GOLD (the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Diseases), Doctot has produced the official GOLD COPD App

source: iTunes

BrettMD's rating = 5 stars
    Learn more about DrSocial.

This post was edited by DrSocial Admin at April 8, 2015 2:24:34 AM PDT
    • 445 posts
    September 5, 2014 10:30:48 AM PDT

For those interested in this app, please check our video review that shows you how the app works and how to use it. Enjoy!

This post was edited by Brett Snodgrass at November 3, 2014 11:23:27 PM PST
    • 2 posts
    October 30, 2014 1:35:12 PM PDT

I have COPD, but my Oxygen Level is high when I walk or exzert myself but It is hard for me to breathe and my legs are hurting, ccould my heart be bad are stopped up arteries?

Thank You             

This post was edited by DrSocial Admin at October 30, 2014 5:03:45 PM PDT
    • 1957 posts
    October 30, 2014 2:04:00 PM PDT

Greetings A,

Thank you for the question. 
    If that is your real name, then please change it as this is a public forum.

Legal disclaimer:  we do not have a doctor-patient relationship and we cannot give specific instructions of care to you, but we can give you our best effort to find high-quality information that you can consider. If we are wrong, or you don't like what we say, feel free to leave a message and let us know how we can improve the quality of the service. In addition, we encourage other people in the community to contribute their knowledge to the questions that are asked. 

For example, if you have a rare disease, and had a rare surgery, please simply state "back surgery," and if needed we can explore that further.  If your neighbor or best friend reads this, will be they be able to identify you based on the information given? If yes, please remove the information or change it slightly. 

BAD example:  I live in Boston, Dr. Patel at MGH hospital diagnosed me with a schwannoma tumor last month, then I traveled to Tokyo and taught english for a year.  

Acceptable example: I live in the United States, I had a tumor & surgery, then I traveled abroad for work.

------------------------

1. When you are walking and exerting yourself it could mean that you are getting insufficient blood to your extremities. 

2. Age & gender, Please add or substract (1-3years if adult for privacy)?

3. When did problem start?

4. Have you had this before? 

5. Is it getting better or worse? 

6. Body Mass Index? http://bit.ly/CDCbmi

8. Heart Rate? 

9. Temperature? 

10. Medical conditions including pregnancies both past & present?

11. Medications?

12. Surgeries?  

----

Is the shortness of breath a new thing? If it is, you should see a physician. Do you have a heart condition also? How is your cholesterol? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, 

-BrettMD

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2014 7:02:35 PM PDT

Thanks for your quick reponse Dr. Brett I have had back surgery and a stroke before. I have a irregular Heart Beat. I know you can't advise me legally but do you think my Heart being irregular or stopped arteries cause me to feel out of breath when I exert myself. I just want your opinion as a layman not as a Proffesional to help me, any advice could help. Thank you     Anthony

• 1957 posts
    October 30, 2014 7:42:15 PM PDT

Thank you for the reply. This is a public forum so there is no need for you to divulge personal information or photo. I would prefer you did not. However, you are an adult, and the decision is ultimately up to you.

You have concerns right now, the shortness of breath with exertion, and the calf pain with wakling. 

1. Please take the questionaiire, Unfortunatetly I do not think it is interactive. And you may need a piece of paper to write down the question number, or you could do it here: 

The website is CCQ

CCQ stands for Clinical COPD Questionaire. 

2. Next, the pain in your legs with walking. That is concerning for ischemia or arterial insufficiency of the legs. 

Reference: http://www.circ.ahajournals.org/content/94/11/3026.full

Smoking Cessation

Smoking cessation is frequently combined with exercise therapy in patients with intermittent claudication. Cigarette smoking is the most significant independent risk factor for development of chronic peripheral arterial occlusive disease and is associated with progression of established disease and a higher likelihood of disabling claudication, limb-threatening ischemia, amputation, and the need for intervention. In addition, many observational studies report poorer patency of lower extremity vascular reconstructions among smokers. Data are limited on the specific effects of smoking cessation on intermittent claudication. One controlled, but nonrandomized trial assessed the results of smoking cessation on intermittent claudication and found a statistically significant improvement in maximum walking distance in patients with intermittent claudication who stopped smoking. Because of the adverse general health effects of cigarette smoking and the marked increase in morbidity and mortality from cardiopulmonary causes among smokers, patients with intermittent claudication should be vigorously counseled to stop smoking.

This post was edited by DrSocial Admin at April 8, 2015 2:26:07 AM PDT
    • 445 posts
    April 26, 2015 4:13:55 AM PDT

Dear reader,

if you are looking for any information related to COPD, COPD treatment or COPD Apps you may want to read the following forum posts:

COPD – Ask a doctor for free information

Diagnoses of multiple illness/conditions simultaneously..?

COPD – Healthcare Apps

You may also consider rating your doctor and help future patients. Sign up your free account on DrSocial and write a review on your doctor.

If you are looking for a doctor in your area, check out our selection of great doctor reviews