I have had hemorrhoid flare-ups for the past 25 years or so and they disappear with OTC creams within a week or so. Recently I have had a flare up and its been going on over 2 weeks. I have one external one and it is painful to sit, when I pass a bowel movement it bleeds often and just will not go away. I tried all OTC med, Aloe Vera, Zinc Oxide, Ice Pack, Sitz baths, softening my stool. I finally went to see my doctor and was precribed some Anusol-HC and have used it for 2 days and still no improvement.
How many weeks can it take to heal in a bad case & is there anything else I can try?? Any help please!
Thank you kindly for your question, it is a privilege to try to help those with quesitons.
LegalDisclaimer: I do not have a medical license, you know how the government can be about somethings. eg. VA Health.. What I providing the background for, is that I can only provide you with high quality medical information and my thoughts a lay medical doctor with publications in prestigious medical journals and acceptance at World Congresses. There is more related ot this in our politics forum.
Please try to answer the following questions to the best of your ability, but only as you feel comfortable with regards to your preferences and this public forum.
1. Age please round to the nearest five years?
2. Medical conditions: do you have crohn's disease?
3. Have you had a colonsocpy?
4. Other medical conditions?
6. Does it bleed when you do not have a bowel movemnt? do you find blood on your clothing?
7. Have you considered that you may something more involved than a simple hemorrhoid, such as an anal fistula? If you think that is very unlikely, please explain why. I only bring it up, becuase anal fissures and fistula can occur.
8. Have you ever adjusted the amount of fiber in your diet intentially for this condition over the past 25 years, why or hwhy not?
When I was a medical student and then again as a surgery resident we examined patient's anus to help determine that information.
You are welcome to upload a redacted picture simlar to this one, but you are NOT encouraged to do that. How long has it been since you went to your physician's office? Have you considered returning for another visit?
I look forward to hearing form you.
1. Age 50
2. No chron's disease, no colonscopy
3. No other medical conditions
4. No Surgeries
5. NO blood anytime EXCEPT bright red on toilet paper after bowel movement and not always blood,
Thinking maybe possible anal fissure or fistula....can that be seen on the outside of the rectum and can they cause pain when sitting? What is the treatment if it is a fistula or fissure?
It's been 2 days since I saw doctor and he prescribed Anusol-HC.
Thank you for the reply,
Did the doctor perform anoscopy?
Did he/she perform a diglital rectal exam?
Did that feal the hemorrhooid through the glove with lubricating Jelly?
Did they discuss potential treatment options if it failed?
Was it a surgeon or a Primary care type physician?
Have you been able to look at your anus with a mirror?
Were you able ot identify the hemorrhoid?