Forums » Ask a doctor for free health information

Blood pressure

• 1 posts
    July 6, 2014 1:25:07 AM PDT

Took my blood pressure and it was 165 0ver 105 with a heart rate of 85 waited 15 minutes took it again and it was 142 over 97 with a heart rate of 70. Wha ttype of blood pressure indicate the possiblility of a heart attach?

• 1957 posts
    July 6, 2014 3:14:35 AM PDT

Sir is that your name? (rhetorical question). If it is your name, I kindly ask that you change it or delete your account and create another one.  

Thank you very much for your question. Legal disclaimer:  we do not have a doctor- relationship and I cannot give specific instructions of care to you, but I can give you my best effort to find high quality information that you can consider. If I am wrong, or you don't like what I say, feel free to leave a message and let me know how I can improve the quality of service.

-------

If you are having chest pain, shortness of breath, or think you are having a heart attack you should consider calling l an ambulance. Blood pressure may vary during a heart attack.  If you think you are haivng a heart attack, you should probably call 911. I cannot make that decision for you. The blood pressure may be variable during a heart attack. 

Again, and so we are clear:

THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE, I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT TO DO FOR YOUR MEDICAL CARE. 

reference on variability of blood pressure during a heart attack.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=15187054

I apologize for "yelling," with text, I am simply trying to be clear. 

Kind regards,

-BrettMD

This post was edited by Brett Snodgrass at July 6, 2014 6:19:35 AM PDT