Forums » Ask a doctor for free health information

Mens Hair Loss

• 1 posts
    May 11, 2014 12:09:56 PM PDT

Does any have advice for a young male losing their hair outside of rogaine and stuff to put on the scalp? I have been losing my hair rapidly over the past few months. 

I am a young male, age 23, and I have never had hair loss problems until very recently. Since I have moved to the west coast from the midwest, all of a sudden I am losing hair at a very rapid rate. Could this be from the weather? It may be stress related since I just started grad school, but wanted to know if there was anything I can do about it. My dad still has a full head of hair, but I think my mother's side has a history of baldness.

I know Rogaine is popular, but I hate using it becuase it makes my hair so oily. Is there an inexpensive medication or treatment process I can use?

Any help would be awesome. 

• 1 posts
    May 11, 2014 1:47:23 PM PDT
    Hi,

Rogaine is okay, but the better medicine is Finasteride 1 mg each day. However, you need to keep it away from women who may become pregnagnet

Women should not touch the broken tablet. Also, if you are trying to get your wife pregnant, stop taking it because it may get in your semen. Good luck.