Forums » Ask a doctor for free health information

Not sure

• 1 posts
    November 21, 2016 8:31:40 PM PST

Hi, for the past week or so ive been having some strange symptoms, in my left year only there will be a ringing sound then it goes blocked, and like i can no longer hear from it this lasts for a few minutes then goes back to normal. Then also i've been getting super strong stabbing pains in the left side of my head, which last for a few mins/secs and then goes away. Also the other day my both my hands started trembling, for a few minutes then stopped, all of this has not been happening at the same time but mostly the sharp pains in my head they happen daily. and its so painful that when they happen it feels like it could knock me over or something.. 

• 1957 posts
    November 22, 2016 5:19:27 PM PST

pulsatile or non-pulsatile, rhythmicity (daily – whag about the same ear each tim) , pitch (high or low) , quality of the sound

Do you have spinning or vertigo.
    You may want to keep a headache diary.

How long do the headaches last, what makes them better.

Have you had fevers or chills? Have you thought about going to the ER or an urgent care clinic.

Have you lost vision?
    What is your gender and what decade of life are you in?

Kind regards,
    -BrettMD

• 1957 posts
    November 22, 2016 5:20:31 PM PST

Also, how long were your hands shaking for?  How long did it last for and have you eaten around that time? Common causes of hand shaking include low blood glucose and too much caffeine. Please help me understand more about this hand shaking and whether it might be related to the nervous system or to a more systemic -widespread issue - such as low blood glucose.

kind regards,

-BrettMD

This post was edited by Brett Snodgrass at November 22, 2016 5:24:38 PM PST