Forums » Ask a doctor for free health information

Could I be pregnant? Scared help

• 20 posts
    April 3, 2015 7:43:23 PM PDT
    I was fingered on March 22nd. I think his hands were dry. I have him a hand job later but it was also dry and I don't think there was any ejaculate. When I got home 15 minutes later, I touched my genitals but did not finger myself. Two days later I took a Plan B. I started a very heavy period on March 28th (6 days later) and it lasted to an extent, although not as heavy until April 1st-2nd. I was very tired the day after the fingering, as It was my first sexual experience. I was also tired a little during my period, but I stayed up very late the nights before I was. I have also been driving around mountains and curves that I'm not used to and riding on boats the past few days (April 1st-3rd) and I am dizzy often and a little nauseous but it seems like motion sickness. Could I be pregnant? Many of these seem to be symptoms, or is it just a coincidence? Maybe I am paranoid but a pregnancy would ruin my life because I have a lot of plans for my future.
    • 20 posts
    April 3, 2015 7:48:12 PM PDT
    Extra info: I live somewhere flat and I am in a very hilly area. I also wore my glasses and old contacts with a probable wrong prescription in them and my vision was blurry for several days recently but now I haven't been wearing them and I know that can make one feel a little strange. I have also been taking my anxiety and ocd medicine on and off for several days and I usually take it 2-3 times a day.
    • 1957 posts
    April 4, 2015 11:51:39 AM PDT

Greetings S,

Thank you for the question.

Legal disclaimer:  we do not have a doctor-patient relationship and we cannot give specific instructions of care to you, but we can give you our best effort to find high-quality information that you can consider. If we are wrong, or you don't like what we say, feel free to leave a message and let us know how we can improve the quality of the service. In addition, we encourage other people in the community to contribute their knowledge to the questions that are asked. 

For example, if you have a rare disease, and had a rare surgery, please simply state "back surgery," and if needed we can explore that further.  If your neighbor or best friend reads this, will be they be able to identify you based on the information given? If yes, please remove the information or change it slightly. 

BAD example:  I live in Boston, Dr. Patel at MGH hospital diagnosed me with a schwannoma tumor last month, then I traveled to Tokyo and taught english for a year.  

Acceptable example: I live in the United States, I had a tumor & surgery, then I traveled abroad for work.

------------------------------------

1. It does not sound as if you are pregnant. 

2. Have you considered the possibility that you may be anemic, or have a low blood count?

3. Have you ever had anemia before?

4. What is your heart rate?

5. What is your temperature?

6. Are you taking your medicine as prescribed?

7. What medicine are you taking, at what dose? 

8. Is your vision still blurry?

9. Have you had this blurry vision before?

10. Blurry vision, dizziness, lack of energy  = concerning findings. Please, please go to see a doctor (acute care clinic, emergency room, regular outpatient doctor visit, or something similar). to be evaluated. They will likely check your blood count, vision, mental status, and perform other tests. 

Please consider keeping me updated.

Kind regards,

-BrettMD